Corona-related arrangements from 1 June
- Limited service in TOAS office for the time being due to the corona virus epidemic. TOAS office will only serve tenants face-to-face in matters related to picking up the keys when a new tenancy agreement starts. As of 2 June 2020, it is also possible to borrow keys, for example, to go and look at the apartment. All other matters will be handled electronically or by phone.
- Maintenance company service numbers can be used as normal.
- The saunas will be opened for use of tenants on June 1st, 2020 (no common sauna turns).
- The common rooms will be opened for tenant’s use on June 1st, 2020.
- The gyms will still remain closed over the summer for safety and hygiene reasons.
- Maintenance related visits and repairs are prioritized.
- Information on picking up the keys when the Tenancy agreement starts in the beginning of each month will be announced later.
TOAS office will continue to have limited service until further notice. Follow the What’s New section of our homepage for the latest information.
TOAS office will only serve tenants face-to-face in matters related to picking up the keys when a new tenancy agreement starts. In this case, call 0800 95560 in advance and arrange a time to collect the keys.
As of 2 June 2020, it is also possible to borrow keys, for example, to go see an apartment or borrow a key to get into your apartment. In this case, call 0800 95560 in advance and arrange a time to borrow the keys.
Other customer service is available via email, phone and chat during the office’s normal opening hours Mon-Fri 9 am-3.30 pm.
Note! Information on picking up the keys when the Tenancy agreement starts in the beginning of each month will be announced later.
The saunas, common rooms, gyms, laundries and common kitchens
The saunas of all locations will be opened on 1 June for booking sauna shifts. Common sauna shifts are not happening yet. Do not use the sauna if you are sick or even with mild symptoms.
The common rooms will be opened to tenants on 1 June, 2020 on the same principle as they were before the corona restrictions. Do not use the common room if you are sick or even with mild symptoms.
The gyms will be kept closed for the time being to ensure the safety of our tenants.
Laundries can be used normally, but washing your hands before and after going to the laundry is recommended.
The use of common kitchens can also be continued, but good hygiene and special care must be taken into account when using them. The cleaning of common kitchens has been enhanced, but it is the responsibility of every tenant to keep the kitchen clean after use.
Follow good hand hygiene and remember the safety distance in all activities and moving around in the common areas of your location.
Maintenance work and home visits related to fault reports
Maintenance visits and repairs to the apartments are prioritized. Related to the corona epidemic, the tenant is required to notify if there is a sick, exposed or quarantined person in the apartment to ensure safe working in the apartment.
Final inspections and preliminary inspections in shared apartments
Preliminary inspections of shared apartments will not be done for the time being. Otherwise the final inspections will be done normally.
It is the responsibility of the moving tenant to notify us if there is a sick, exposed or quarantined person in the apartment in order for us to ensure safe working in the apartment.
Tenant Committee and other gatherings
In this exceptional situation, tenants must take into account the instructions given by the authorities, in particular with the number of people in gatherings, the safety distance and good hygiene. Shared apartment tenants in particular, should pay attention to co-tenants, taking care of good hygiene and minimizing guests.
Good luck to everyone in this exceptional situation!
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare website
Tampere University Hospital TAYS website
National corona counselling service: Tel. 0295 535 535.
Tampere University Hospital corona counselling service: Tel. +358 3 311 65333 (open every day 24 hours).