1. Application for New International Students
This application process is for new exchange and degree (Bachelor and Master) students of Tampere university and TAMK. With this application TOAS provides only fixed-term agreements. The application period for the autumn semester is from May until June and for the spring semester from the middle of October to November. You will receive an apartment offer via email. After receiving the apartment offer, you must pay a deposit by the given deadline to ensure you will have a home to by the time you arrive in Tampere.
NOTICE: no family apartments are offered with this application, only single rooms. If you are coming with a child, you can apply only with the “Regular“-application.
2. Our Regular Application Process
Already living in Finland? Not a new international student? No need for a furnished apartment? Proceed to applying! (NOTICE: this application can be submitted only after receiving the acceptance to the university.) With this application the rooms are mainly unfurnished.
Not recommended for new exchange degree students, as the rooms are mainly unfurnished.
3. Short-term residency
You may apply for short-term residency if
- you are studying somewhere else but coming to Tampere for a summer job, an internship or a cram school
- you work at the university in Tampere as a researcher or post-doctoral or are a visitor
The tenancy agreement will always be fixed-term and may not be extended. Apartments for short-term residency are shared apartments and are mainly located outside the city center. Studios are not available for short-term residency. Please note that during the summer, apartments/rooms are rented up to 31 July. Submit the application at the earliest two months before you need the accommodation.
Notice, that you can apply with only one of these application types.
- You may apply with only ONE of these application types (see above). If you have submitted both applications, we will delete the first one.
- Students applying with the regular application must be accepted to a university or educational institution in Tampere when filling in the application.
- Make sure to have your passport number or EU identification number available when submitting the International application, as they will be required.
- You can submit the International application even though you have not yet been accepted to a university in Tampere. We will check your acceptance before confirming your reservation.
- Furnished apartment means a room with a bed, a mattress, a table, a chair and a bookshelf.
- Once you have paid the deposit, the reservation is a binding agreement. If your studies in Tampere are cancelled, contact TOAS immediately!
A room in a shared apartment
each tenant has their own bedroom, a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom with two to four persons of the same gender.
a tenant will share the bedroom with another student of same gender
might have a personal bathroom or a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
If coming with a spouse or your family, contact the housing office for availability in furnished family apartments.