1. Application for New International Students
Application period for spring 2019 is open! The application period for the fall semester is from May until June and for the spring semester from middle of October to November. You will receive an apartment offer via e-mail. After receiving the apartment offer you must pay a deposit by the given deadline to ensure you will have a home to by the time you arrive in Tampere. This application process provides you a fixed term agreement.Application for a Furnished Apartment
2. Our Regular Application Process
Already living in Finland? Not a new international student? No need for a furnished apartment? Proceed to applying!
Our Regular Application Process
Not recommended for new exchange degree students.
- You may apply with only ONE of these application types. If you have submitted both applications, we will remove the other.
- Remember to write your passport number or EU identification number on the application. Make sure to have it available when submitting the application.
- Students applying with the regular application must be accepted to a university or educational institution in Tampere when filling in the application.
- You can submit the International application even though you have not yet been accepted to a university in Tampere. We will check your acceptance before confirming your reservation.
- Furnished apartment means a room with a bed, a mattress, a table, a chair and a bookshelf.
- Once you have paid the deposit, the reservation is a binding agreement. In case your studies in Tampere get cancelled, contact TOAS immediately!
A room in a shared apartment
each tenant has their own bedroom, a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom with two to four persons of the same gender.
a tenant may share the bedroom up to four other persons of the same gender.
might have a personal bathroom or a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
If coming with a spouse or your family, contact the housing office for availability in furnished family apartments