Application period for Spring semester 2022 will open 13 October 2021.
If you are not in Corona quarantine you can pick up the keys yourself. Make sure to check the current quarantine restrictions when arriving to Finland from abroad to ensure the safety of others, see instructions.
Quarantine instructions when coming from abroad
Students who are under quarantine can’t visit TOAS office. Do not visit the office if you are sick/have any mild symptoms. Please use email and phone service.
You can ask a tutor or authorize someone to pick up your keys before you arrive.
You can authorize someone else than a tutor to pick up the key with a power of attorney or send us an e-mail with the name and date of birth of the person picking up the key. You can move into the apartment right away, no need to self-quarantine elsewhere, if you are healthy. Make sure to check the current quarantine restrictions when arriving to Finland from abroad, to ensure the safety of others, see here.
You can fill in the application for a furnished room even if you arrive already during the Fall semester 2021.
1. Furnished rooms
This application can be submitted only after receiving the acceptance to the university or an educational institution in Tampere.
Please notice, that once you accept the offer, it becomes a binding agreement. You are then responsible for the rental payments, even if you are not in Finland.
If you have a wished building or a friend you wish to stay with, write that also on the “wishes” box.
NOTICE: no family apartments are offered with this application, only single rooms. If you are coming with a spouse or a child, you can apply only with the “Regular“-application.
Apply for a furnished room
2. Our Regular Application Process
No need for a furnished apartment? Proceed to applying! (NOTICE: this application can be submitted only after receiving the acceptance to the university or an educational institution.) With this application the rooms are unfurnished.
Our Regular Application Process
Not recommended for new exchange and degree students, as the rooms are mainly unfurnished.
3. Short-term residency
You may apply for short-term residency if
- you are studying somewhere else but coming to Tampere for a summer job, an internship or a cram school
- you work at the university in Tampere as a researcher or post-doctoral or are a visitor
The tenancy agreement will always be fixed-term and may not be extended. Apartments for short-term residency are shared apartments and are mainly located outside the city center. Studios are not available for short-term residency. Those with a post-doctoral status or other researcher status, fixed-term tenancy agreement will be done until the end of their contract of employment. Submit the application at the earliest two months before you need the accommodation.Apply for Short-term Residency
Notice that you can apply with only one of these application types.
- You may apply with only ONE of these application types (see above). If you have submitted several applications, only the last one submitted will remain in the queue.
- Students applying with the regular application must be accepted to a university or educational institution in Tampere.
- Make sure to have your passport number or EU identification number available when submitting the International application, as they will be required.
- Furnished apartment means a room with a bed, a mattress, a table, a chair and a bookshelf.
- Once you have paid the deposit, the reservation is a binding agreement. If your studies in Tampere are cancelled, contact TOAS immediately!
A room in a shared apartment
each tenant has their own bedroom, a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom with two to four persons of the same gender.
a tenant will share the bedroom with another student of same gender
might have a personal bathroom or a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
If coming with a spouse or your family, contact the housing office for availability in furnished family apartments.