1. Application for New International Students
The application period for the autumn semester is from May until June and for the spring semester from the middle of October to November. You will receive an apartment offer via email. After receiving the apartment offer, you must pay a deposit by the given deadline to ensure you will have a home to by the time you arrive in Tampere. This application process is for new exchange and degree (Bachelor and Master) students and provides you with a fixed-term agreement.Applying for Furnished Apartments
2. Our Regular Application Process
Already living in Finland? Not a new international student? No need for a furnished apartment? Proceed to applying!
Our Regular Application Process
Not recommended for new exchange degree students.
- You may apply with only ONE of these application types (see above). If you have submitted both applications, we will delete one.
- Students applying with the regular application must be accepted to a university or educational institution in Tampere when filling in the application.
- If applying as an international student, remember to add your passport number or EU identification number to the application. Make sure you have it available when submitting the application.
- You can submit the International application even though you have not yet been accepted to a university in Tampere. We will check your acceptance before confirming your reservation.
- Furnished apartment means a room with a bed, a mattress, a table, a chair and a bookshelf.
- Once you have paid the deposit, the reservation is a binding agreement. If your studies in Tampere are cancelled, contact TOAS immediately!
A room in a shared apartment
each tenant has their own bedroom, a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom with two to four persons of the same gender.
a tenant will share the bedroom with another student of same gender
might have a personal bathroom or a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
Apartment Types and Short-term Residency
If coming with a spouse or your family, contact the housing office for availability in furnished family apartments.